Old June 23rd 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
K7ITM K7ITM is offline

Default Metal Clad mica capacitor size?

On Jun 23, 4:08*am, Scott wrote:
Looking for physical dimensions of metal clad mica capacitors such as
Unelco/Semco/Underwood types. *CCI has them listed as types J101 and
3HS0006. *I need the smallest physical sized ones (100pF) for a 902 MHz
amp conversion. *I emailed CCI, but thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks all,

N0EDV

RF Parts has J101's listed, and the page at http://www.rfparts.com/caps_metalcase.html
shows the size (bottom of the page). J602 is quite a bit smaller than
J101...

If you want "small," you might consider ceramics from American
Technical Ceramics. The ATC 800 R series could possibly give you what
you need, in a small package. These are specifically designed for
very low RF ESR and low ESL, and ability to transfer heat out to the
terminations. I suppose Johanson has similar parts; I just happen to
be more familiar with the ATC parts.

Cheers,
Tom