Old June 23rd 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
rkhalona rkhalona is offline

Default Sangean ATS-909x question

On Jun 23, 2:21*pm, Wimpie wrote:
On 23 jun, 23:04, rkhalona wrote:

On Jun 23, 1:53*pm, Wimpie wrote:

On 23 jun, 19:31, rkhalona wrote:

Any owners of this new radio here?
I am wondering if you are hearing any (audible) difference when you
switch between the wide and narrow bandwidth settings in AM mode.

Thanks for your answers.

Ramon Khalona

Hello Ramon,

I have one at hand *(about 8 years old I believe) and changing the
narrow/wide switch changes the RF bandwidth on LW, AM and SW. Changing
to narrow, reduces the *"HF" part of the audio spectrum (so the tone
changes).

You may check the operation when listening to a relative weak station
adjacent to a stronger one. When changing to wide, you may experience
more interference from the stronger station.

With kind regards,

Wim
PA3DJSwww.tetech.nl
Please remove abc in case of using PM

Thanks Wim. *Are you talking about the 909? *I am referring to the
909x, which was released within the last six months or so.

Regards,

RK

Hello Ramon,

Are you sure you have the channel spacing (9/10 kHz) set correctly for
AM broadcast band. If you are living in Europe, it should be 9 kHz
mostly. *When a station isn't tuned correctly, changing the narrow/
wide switch has little to no effect.

With kind regards,

Wim
PA3DJSwww.tetech.nl- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Wim. I live in the USA and the channel spacing is set at 10
KHz.

RK