Old June 28th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Curtain Quad - Real gain or antenna snake oil?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:00:44 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

I was researching multi-element driven array antennas when I stumbled
across the web page below. It talks about a curtain quad antenna. Is
this proven antenna design or antenna snake oil?

http://home.comcast.net/~ross_anderson/CurtainQuad.htm

Very real. I built the 2.4Ghz version. It works, but is rather
large. Unless you have plenty of real estate and tall towers, this is
not an HF antenna.

His curtain quad calculations and NEC2 deck are at:
http://home.comcast.net/~ross_anderson/CurtainQuadFigure11.htm

There's also the Sterba Curtain
http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/notfortv/sterba;jsessionid=ldhsj5x2v1.penguin_s
Gray-Hoverman
http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/grayhoverman/hovermantype1
and other antennas
http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/chireix/chireixmesnyrefl
resembling a collection of quads. As long as you get the phasing
correct, almost any geometry will radiate and have gain.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D