Old July 4th 11, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
clifford wright clifford wright is offline

Location: helensville new zealand
Default low intermod RF amplifiers for HF.

Good day!
Can anyone point me towards a good design for a good RF stage for my home
brew HF receiver. I have no less than 6 others hams in my small town and
one within 400 metres, so I need good strong signal performance.
10 to 15 dB gain would be ample, but I would like to have 50 Ohm input and
output impeadances.
The receiver is an upconverter to 45MHz with a 15 kHz bandwidth xtal filter
followed by a downconverting mixer to either 9MHz or 10.7 MHz with separate
IF strips.
Tuning is by a PA0KLT synthesiser.
I have been a bit out of touch lately and am not very up to date with the
latest MOSFETS etc. The mixers use the 1992 Ulrich Rohde FET double
balanced mixer circuit.
The rest of the sytem was built back in the early 1990's but put to one
side until a better frequency sythesiser was available.
Now it looks like the time to get things moving again!
Regards Cliff Wright ZL1BDA ex G3NIA.