Old July 8th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J R J R is offline

Default First radio that got you into DX-ing?

http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...nsistor+Radios

I don't remember the name of it, but back in the middle 1950s, I ordered
a little transistor radio that was made in Kearney,Kansas.It didn't have
a speaker, it had an earphone hard wired to the radio.I think I paid
$10.00 for that radio.It wasen't worth a Sh!t! and I mean that
Literally, that POS! wouldn't hardly pick up Anything at all!.There used
to be ads in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics and Science &
Mechanics and Mechanix Illustrated magazines about those radios.
I still have some of those old magazines here, later on I will look and
see what the name of that POS! so-called 'radio' is.
Kearney,Kansas, y'all don't know Sh!t! about building radios, and that
is a FACT!
cuhulin