Old March 30th 04, 05:52 AM
Tom Bruhns

(Timothy C Holtom) wrote in message . com...
Can anyone out there tell me a good source of practical information
(schematics and the like) for building SS transmitters and receivers.
I'm particularly interested in how I'd design the part of the receiver
that acquires then tracks the synchronisation signal from the
transmitter (correlation etc)

I did an initial scout around on the net but the only stuff I could
come up with was TAPR but there's seemed to have been cancelled.

I'm into experimenting, and not afraid of math (an electronic engineer
from a long time ago...)

Can anyone help me here...

Tim

W7WKR was doing some experimenting in that area a few years ago (w/FCC
permission), and likely would share some info. I don't have his email
address handy, but perhaps you can find it with a search.

Since very accurate time is available, it should be possible to get
close in the sequence. A typical way to lock onto pseudorandom things
is through correlation. But how do you optimize things when there's
fading and very weak signals to begin with?

Cheers,
Tom