Old July 20th 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Best Self Supporting Vertical Multi-band Antenna for Restricted Neighborhoods

Jay Scherberth wrote:

The antenna would be about 4 feet away from the house. The house is 20
ft high at the peak of the roof (single story). The roof is concrete
tile. I've looked into suspending a wire from a telescopic pole but it
seems like it would be a little cumbersome to raise and lower. I've
looked at suspending a long wire between front and back yard trees but
that is a little more permanent and the HOA could bust me if they saw
it. This is why I'm thinking a vertical would be less visible, easier
to setup and take down, and has a fairly small wind load. I do favor
20 - 10 meter bands so that might be a prob elm for the design I'm
considering. I love the fact that cheap, small diameter pipe can work
as well as a commercial product. Thanks for that info!

If 20 meters and up is your primary interest, instead of a base fed
vertical make it a vertical dipole with the length based on 20 M.

This has the advantage of not having to have a RF ground.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.