Old April 7th 04, 11:09 AM
Scott

How big is the plane that you can see it from 20-40 miles? Is it the
Spruce Goose or what? Are you trying to make an RPV for the military?
Why do you need full duplex? Are you just trying to collect data from
the airplane? I'd have to double check, but I don't believe it's legal
to "control" the plane on 10 GHz.

Scott

wrote:

I've seen a bunch of cases where a 10Ghz gunn
diode was used for full duplex, with a split IF.

Has any one seen a similar scheme work at lower frequencies?

I want to create a small and light weight full duplex data radio.
This is for my RC powered solar plane.

So one end of the link will be airborne and the other end will be fixed.

I'd like to aceive:
20 to 40 miles LOS range.
9600 baud data throughput.
1W TX power. (To comply with FCC Ameateur RC control rules.)
1W total airborne power. (To minimize power loading)
Very light weight.

Tracking gain antenna is ok on the ground side.
Airborne antenna needs to be omni.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Paul (KL7JG)