Old February 27th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] k8mn@earthlink.net is offline

Default Encouraging LOTW

On Feb 27, 10:46 am, Rich McAllister K6RFM wrote:
Just had an interesting conversation on IRC with some DL hams, who
mentioned that they haven't signed up for "Logbook of the World" yet
because of the hassle. Anybody have an opinion where we should be
applying pressure? To the ARRL to come up with an easier way for
non-US hams to sign up? For non-US amateur radio organizations to
step in as an intermediary?

Rich

Rich,

I don't see the ARRL relinquishing control of LOTW so I don't believe
you'll see any "intermediaries" coming into play. LOTW is a bit of a
pain. The process is clunky but it works. There is a need for good
security. There has to be a way to ensure that each fellow uploading
information is who he says he is.

I was slow to come on board but the process costs less than mailing
QSLs.

Dave K8MN