Old February 28th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default RFI from Switched power supply

In article . com,
wrote:
Hi all,

I have the (incredible fast and reliable) Verizon fiber optic into the
house for my internet connection. So far so good. However at the
access point there is a battery backup unit for the fiber-Copper
converter. This battery unit is kept charged by a powersupply that
makes an ENOURMOUS amount of RFI that radiates onto the (15 feet) lead
into the unit and from there into the shack. (S6)

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to silence this? Or... a
suggestion for a cheap and 'quiet' powersupply? (It's output is a
regular 12v)

You could try ferrite beads on the wires. YMMV.

Or just bitch to Verizon.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L