Old February 26th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne, W1AC Bill Horne, W1AC is offline

Default Emergency power alternatives

Fellow ham,

A post from LA4RT has made me realize that "Human powered" power
generation is too narrow a scope for this discussion, so I'm starting a
new thread.

Let's hear ideas about alternative sources of power for radios: we might
be unable to find steam-driven units ;-) but there's always more that
one way to skin a cat.

I'll ask that some methods be omitted, for the reasons shown:

1. Portable generators - too expensive, and they can't go on airplanes.
2. Solar - can't rely on sunlight, especially after a
weather-related incident.

There are probably designs for power generation in undeveloped areas, so
let's see pointers to that kind of info along with the "Store bought"
machines.

Bill

--
73,

Bill W1AC

(Remove "73" and change top level domain for direct replies)