Old March 1st 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default RFI from Switched power supply

On 1 Mar 2007 01:19:20 -0500, "Mike Andrews"
wrote:

VZ is *required* to not interfere, just as the folks with the aquarium
heater, the folks with the bad fence chargers, the folks with the leaky
TVs, and the folks operating the power transmission system are required
to not interfere. The enforcement letters tell them what will happen if
they continue to interfere, and it's generally pretty pricey.

And on a practical point, Verizon would rather spend the $100 in
labor and $10 in equipment costs to solve the problem to avoid having
their name "flagged" in regulatory enforcement files and have it pop
up when they apply for something really important such as rule
exemptions or rate increases!

If it were me, I would run a good heavy fused lead to my 12V station
battery and leave the charger unplugged and disconnected. That's
something the average installation tech can understand.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon