Old March 2nd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Push up mast

On Feb 28, 8:11?pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast?

Here's one source:

http://www.tessco.com/products/displ...h=false&page=2

aka

http://tinyurl.com/36z373

(usual disclaimers apply - I have not done any business
with Tessco, I just found them googling "Rohn telescoping mast". There
are other dealers who may be closer to you.)

Please note that these Rohn masts require guying and are
really only meant for very small beams or wire antennas.
Also, a "50 foot" mast isn't really fifty feet high. Like ladders,
the length given is the sum of all the sections, but the actual
installed height is less because of overlap.

Be sure to consider the total cost of mast, guys, anchors,
base, hardware, etc.

There are also the military surplus sectional (not telescoping)
masts mentioned by K4YZ. All of the ones I've used (FD) require
guying, too. Search eBay on "antenna mast" and
they will come up.

What do you intend to put on the mast?

73 es GL de Jim, N2EY