Old March 2nd 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default RFI from Switched power supply

On Mar 1, 3:17 pm, Phil Kane wrote:
On 1 Mar 2007 03:18:49 -0500, wrote:

Oh by the way...
found out that the powersupply is 48V! (my bad!)

Well, it won't work from a 12V battery then... g

The only 48V supplies that I am used to are ones that take up, a whole
wall in a communications vault...not quite the same!

Wow.. I have FIOS here in Texas and I don't have excessive noise from
it. 48 Volts? That seems strange because it has only a 12V battery
for backup power.

Are we sure that the problem is not the network wires or something
else?

I guess, I'm asking how did we determine that the power supply was the
problem? (Aside from the fact that this is normally the problem..)

-= Bob =-