Old March 4th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default Tube equipment question

Solid state transmitters are notoriously finicky about matching to the
antenna. Tube equipment is not, so I am told, and early experience seems
to bear that out.

Certainly I can see one of my newer rigs start to fold back at 2:1.

What are the practical limitations of the Tube finals apparent
flexibility?

Is it safe to compare the load, plate, and drive controls to some of the
functions of a tuner? (possible real dumb question)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -