Old March 11th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default March 9 2007 License Numbers

"Steve Bonine" wrote in message

[snip]

My personal opinion, based on looking around at gatherings of amateur
radio operators and on-the-air contacts, is that the median age is closer
to 60, at least for US ops. I wish we had real data.

Keep in mind though that this also is not representative. It is the older
operators and retirees that have the time and money to more actively
participate in the hobby.

This is true in many activities. For example, the average age of the
members in the community band to which I belong is also in about the 50 to
60 year old range.

Dee, N8UZE