Old March 11th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default March 9 2007 License Numbers

On Mar 10, 10:46�pm, Jim Higgins wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:19:22 CST, wrote:
On Mar 10, 8:36�pm, Jim Higgins wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:01:47 CST, wrote:
These are the number of current,
unexpired FCC-issued amateur
radio licenses held by individuals

Why don't you put this info in table form on a web site and post a
link to it? *http://www.ah0a.org/FCC/Licenses.htmlprovidesan
excellent example.

As it is it's hard to digest at a glance and provides no history, only
a monthly snapshot.

The problem with the website idea is that the information will
only be available as long as the website is active.

By posting to Usenet, the numbers will be generally available as long
as Usenet is archived. I've been posting these numbers twice a month
since 2002 or so, and anybody with internet access can reference the
old numbers by a Google search.

To keep the traffic level down, I'm going to once-a-month
now, and a revised format to show changes relative to May
2000 and February 2007.

Perhaps in the future, I will collect all those old postings
and condense them into one, or a few, postings. Such as
numbers-by-year.

Your choice; you're certainly under no obligation. *For sure - at
least IMO - the usefulness of the data will increase by several orders
of magnitude if put in tabular form to allow seeing historical trends
easily.-

I agree! I invite and encourage you to collect the
postings I have made on the "ARS License Numbers",
put them in tabular form (say, monthly)
and put them on a website of your choice. They're
all in the Usenet archives, all posted by the same author (me).

73 de Jim, N2EY