Old March 12th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:35:04 CST, "Howard Lester"
wrote:

However, a number of years ago the FCC prevented HOA's from restricting the
use of outdoor TV antennas and 3' satellite dishes unless the home is in a
"historic district" or is on a list of "historic homes." The only
restriction I know of otherwise is, as I recall, that the HOA may restricted
the antenna's height to no more than 12 feet above the roof line.

The history behind that is that The Congress in passing the
Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996 specifically directed the FCC to
do that. This of course was at the urging of the satellite TV
companies. Money talks, and big money talks loudly.

The FCC specifically said in reply to a petition by the ARRL recently
that until and unless The Congress directs otherwise, they will not
exercise the preemption on CC&Rs and HOA regulations.

(I do this stuff for a living.....)
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel