Old March 13th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default PRB-1 and CCNR's

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 06:44:44 CST, "Bill Horne, W1AC"
wrote:

Unless Uncle Sam can be convinced
that Amateur Radio is once again relevant and worth keeping, I don't see
the government stepping in where contracts are involved: there's too
much political risk and no pressing need for intervention.

You are aware, aren't you, that Amateur Radio has been integrated into
Homeland Security as a necessary civilian resource. Here. we are the
backup for the county's and cities' public safety and hospital
communications and we are used for real-fife situations regularly.

International treaties and Congressional legislation specifically
provide valuable spectrum resources for Amateur Radio on an exclusive
basis. That sounds like "relevant", "public interest", and "worth
keeping" to me.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest