Old March 15th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Extension of PSK segment

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:47:40 CST, wrote:

Were it up to me the FCC would get out of the business of regulation-
by-mode and simplify 97.305 would be simplified to read: "Here are
your band segments by license class. Stay inside them and play nice
with each other."

That's "Regulation-By-Abstention", Hans, which is no regulation at all
and is extremely poor policy. The FCC has done far too much of that
in the last 20 years, which pains me no end, and not only in the
Amateur Radio Service. It's the FCC's -JOB - to find out "what the
market wants" and to react to that as regulatory professionals, not to
hide behind the curtain or under the rug.

Time for me to cool down
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest