Old March 16th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne, W1AC Bill Horne, W1AC is offline

Default Antenna Tuner

Newby wrote:
CQ CQ CQ

I am looking to buy an antenna tuner and would appreciate suggestions and/or
recommendations from the group. I will use it with a Yaesu FT-897D and an
ICOM 706IIG.

Newby,

Please send us more details on your antenna(s): the type and size of
tuner will depend on the type(s) and size(s) of antenna(s) you're using
or planning.

While a "Garden Variety" tuner may be OK for a coax-fed dipole if it's
near to resonance, other feedlines and an antenna further from resonance
will need a more robust design.

Of course, some tuners have switching for multiple antennas, and some
don't, so let us know if you're using a single cloudburner, or multiple
skyhooks.

HTH.

Bill

--
73,

Bill W1AC

(Remove "73" and change top level domain for direct replies)