Old March 16th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default UK license rules

"Steve Bonine" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

BTW we now have a lifetime licence here, which means no
more renewal fees (I suspect the dwindling numbers mean
it's not worth collecting) but you do have to confirm
that you are still active every 5 years.

I'm just curious . . .

How do you accomplish this confirmation? What happens if
you don't?

It's only just been introduced this year, I received mine a few weeks ago.
It can be renewed in the same way as yours via the web, or of course by
post. If you don't, the licence is revoked and the call will be cancelled.

I get the impression that this is functionally equivalent
to the US license in which we must renew (but every ten
years now, instead of five). There's no fee for renewal
and it can be accomplished in a few minutes using the FCC
web site.
73, Steve KB9X

73 Ivor G6URP