Old March 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] groupk0hb@earthlink.net is offline

Default Extension of PSK segment

On Mar 17, 1:19 am, "Dee Flint" wrote:

My question on this is why would we be sending large amounts of data on
amateur radio?

"Because we can"

Actually, I agree that there may be no particular ongoing NEED for an
Amateur Radio high volume data channel, but neither was there a NEED
for LEOs, APRS, and similar "tinkerer" modes, many of which had their
genesis in ham shacks and now have morphed into commercial
applications.

I believe that the rules for Amateur Radio regulations should be
loosened to the "least required to protect other spectrum users" with
the intention to promote a renewed spirit of experimentation by hams.

73, de Hans, K0HB