Old March 18th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default March 9 2007 License Numbers

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

[snip]

I did not mention or imply anything to do with emergency
communications or CW. I merely stated that the
fascinating part was to be able to contact people without
the need for an infrastructure. There is a feeling of
independence from being able to, as an individual,
communicate around the world.
Dee, N8UZE

I agree. People often ask me why I use 2m & 70cm in the car, for example,
when everyone (well, nearly everyone) has a mobile phone (cellphone for
you US types..!). I always answer that you can't put a blind CQ call out
on a phone. That's the attraction for me, you never know who might reply
to a call.

73 Ivor G6URP