Old March 18th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Being paid while you operate

On Mar 18, 4:17?pm, Rick wrote:

Does this mean that if I'm sitting at my desk at work, doing a job that
doesn't have anything to do with radio, and during break time I pick up my
HT and call someone on the local repeater, that I'm violating FCC rules?

IMHO, no.

The key elements a

1) The job doesn't have anything to do with radio

2) You're on break time, not work time

The fact that you are being paid during break time
isn't the determining factor. If you get a paid
vacation, you can still operate while on vacation
even though your employer is paying you then.

73 de Jim, N2EY