Old March 19th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Larry Larry is offline

Default Question about radio noise

Steve Bonine wrote in
:

If you were in close proximity to the
AM station's transmitting antenna, you would be receiving exposure to RF
[Radio Frequency emissions] in excess of regulated maximums.

417 ft from the business end of WWKB's 50KW blowtorch in Hamburg, NY, the
former WKBW, a neighborhood popped up probably many years ago. Those
houses closest to the last tower in the chain, using the inverse square law
and the FCC database 4.2V/M at 1KM on two of the lobes, I figure there's
over 200 VOLTS/meter in their living rooms on Robin Lane.

I wonder how they get the flourescent lights in the kitchens to go out?
Can anyone have a stereo with external speaker wires feeding 200V/M back
into the feedback lines of the transistor amps without making it go nuts
like my neighbor's did from the Drake L4B?...(c;

Larry W4CSC
"POWER is our friend!" - (Robert, KD4PBC - paging engineer)
--
Message for Comcrap Internet Customers:
http://tinyurl.com/3ayl9c