Old March 19th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Larry Larry is offline

Default Being paid while you operate

"Richard Crowley" wrote in news:12vr4sjscil3u40
@corp.supernews.com:

And I participate during lunch-hour in a weekly net of our
employer-sanctioned (and supported) emergency amateur
radio services organization. Virtually all of us are sallaried
(not hourly) employees, and technically "on the clock".

I always assumed it was a prohibition on using amateur radio
for transport of commercial traffic.

Hospital workers and emergency service personnel are all being "paid" to
operate ham radio after they get their licenses, as are NOAA Weather Bureau
bureaucrats at WX4CHS, at the Charleston Weather Bureau Office.

None that I know of have been busted.

Larry W4CSC
--
Message for Comcrap Internet Customers: