Old March 19th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default PRB-1 and CCNR's

On Mar 17, 11:01 am, Cecil Moore wrote:
KC4UAI wrote:
There simply are no similar
houses in the area that would not have CCNRs where I could relocate
to.

CC&Rs are a part of the price one pays for a house
and I, for one, am not willing to pay a price that
prohibits amateur radio antennas. That price is
just too high.

But you may have the option to choose a house without them. I don't
feel that I do at this point. It's not within my means within
reasonable commute from where I work.

I guess this doesn't have too much traction with the ham radio folks
doe to the demographics involved. The Average ham is older than I am,
with more options both financially and geographically than I have.
They are more likely to be established in situations where they are
not effected by deed restrictions, or have better options than I do.

That doesn't mean that this issue is not important. I believe that it
is very important to the future of the amateur radio service, right up
there with defending the spectrum we have if not directly related to
this issue.

-= bob =-