Old March 20th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default Being paid while you operate

"Russ" wrote in message
et
Being a Taxi driver and being dispatched by amateur radio
= No - No! Being a Taxi driver and visiting with friends on the
local 2-meter while waiting for a fa No Problem.

An interesting topic, but IMHO there are two distinct things he

[1] being paid *to* operate and
[2] being paid *while* operating.

[1] is obviously a no-no but I see no problem with [2] - it is no
different from what I can see to doing anything else personal while at
work, i.e. reading a newspaper while having a cup of coffee in a spare few
minutes or chatting to a colleague.

Unfortunately, my office itself is very well shielded from any local
repeaters, but if I'm out and about around the site I'll often carry a
handheld around with me.

73 Ivor G6URP