Old March 21st 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jim Langston Jim Langston is offline

Default Tech Plus upgrading to?

I'm a technitian plus and my license expires next January. I figure rather
than just reupdating it, I would want to upgrade. I actually haven't used a
ham radio for years. About 4 years ago I was trading cars and put my 2m
into storage, which then we lost (long story) and haven't used a ham radio
since.

Anyway, I understand that the different classes have changed (tech plus
doesn't even really exist anymore, does it?). I used to be, if I remember
corretly, novice, tech, tech plus, general, expert. Now I *think* it's
technitian, general, expert. Am I correct? I already have my 5wpm morse
code but don't have any of my paperwork anymore (including my license).

What will I need to provide to prove I have the 5wpm morse code? Will I
need to get a new copy of my license? I had my address updated a few days
ago and it should be updated by now, if so I'll request a duplicate of my
license.

Any advice would be great.