Old March 22nd 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Howard Lester Howard Lester is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

"Michael Coslo" wrote

People have pressed some unusual things into stealth antennas. My very
first antenna was a wire just above the roof line. It was only visible if
you knew exactly where to look. And it worked okay, nothing great, but I
could get a signal out.

I have the MFJ-1786 Hi-Q Loop (30-10 m) vertically mounted on a 5' tv mast
in the middle of my small walled-in yard. It's easily visible from the main
street that enters this HOA controlled subdivision, and in the 9 years I've
lived here, NO one has said a word about it. If anyone were to ask, I would
tell them it's a yard sculpture. (I painted the black plastic a light green
to go with nearby trees.) The antenna works amazingly well, by the way.

Howard N7SO