Old March 22nd 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

wrote:

One of the most fortunate bits of luck I had was that although I was
about 5 years away from becoming a Ham when we bought it, the
Neighborhood isn't antenna restricted, with the exception that if you
put up a tower, it has to be far away enough from the neighbors that it
won't fall on their house - seems reasonable to me! ;^)

Depends on the size of the lot. On a lot that's , say, 100
feet wide, you can't put up a tower more than 50 feet high
and have its "fall circle" not go over the property line.

True that the tower size ends up being a little restricted. In reality
aren't many towers in my 'hood anyhow, because we are in the middle of a
forest. Lots and lots of big trees to hang wires from tho'. ANd no
restrictions on that.

In SNJ a few years back there was a case where a
military veteran had all of his children on active military
duty in the Middle East. They were in combat units, too.

He put up a standard flagpole on his front lawn, and would
fly the US flag every day. I saw pictures of the house - the
flagpole was very nicely done, and not out of scale.

The CC&Rs on the property did not allow flagpoles. The
HOA fined the vet and took him to court when he would
neither pay the fines nor take down the flagpole.

I don't know how the case turned out. But I remember it
when people say that if someone signs away their rights,
they should stick to the rules.

After reading your post, I visited a few sites on the subject. With all
the other stuff on them, the one thing I took away was one HOA president
trying to justify the ban on flagpoles: We have 1400 houses in this
subdivision. What would happen if all 1400 put up flagpoles and flew flags?"

I for one, would find it a thrilling site!

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -