Old March 23rd 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Howard Lester Howard Lester is offline

Default Ladder line routing

"Michael Coslo" wrote

I plan on routing the line along the roofline, then run it to and below
the soffit. Then into the usual entrance.

What is a good holder for the ladder line - basic windowed plastic
variety?

I used a standard screw-in TV-line standoff. In some places in the route, I
just hung it with string.

But my biggest concern is that metal soffit. I'll be running along about
20 feet of that, and I suspect that there will be some effect. What is a
safe distance from the soffit?

I'd guess 4 - 5 inches should be fine. I ran both 300 and 450 ohm plastic
"ladder" line at my old townhouse, and had no trouble using the above
methods. I even ran the line through a frame/stucco/chickenwire house wall,
via a 2" diameter PVC pipe, with good success.

Howard N7SO