Old March 23rd 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Extension of PSK segment

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:33:26 EDT, Steve Bonine wrote:

Of course, I could probably
take the FCC prose and ask Google to translate it; it would be just as
opaque in the machine-translated version as it is in English/legalese.
grin

There's nothing wrong with the English version! Any communications
attorney can understand it with no problem. big grin.

When I was an advisor to the Israeli Ministry of Communications (40
years ago) one of my jobs was to rewrite and translate their amateur
rules into English. No big deal - I'm technically fluent in both
languages. Same for the Norwegian, or Swahili, or Urdu - get someone
who is technically fluent in both languages and it's a snap.

That job was a lot of fun, however. I fixed some problems that they
didn't even know they had (and got reciprocity and third-party traffic
approved in the process)! even bigger grin
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel

email: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net