Old March 23rd 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] groupk0hb@earthlink.net is offline

Default Extension of PSK segment

On Mar 22, 5:11 pm, wrote:

All the playgrounds I've seen are carefully designed to
support a variety of different activities.

Must be boring to explore in such a playground with all that structure
and rules. One of my favorite playgrounds is the Superstition
Mountain Wilderness, a playground completely disorganized except for
the boundary around it.

You can go hiking there or ride your horse, prospect for gold (the
"Lost Dutchman Mine" hasn't been found yet), camp for a night or a
week or a month. You can follow trails which have been blazed by many
hikers or horsemen before you, or be an explorer and leave the
established trails to the timid. The only rules here are don't burn
the place down, and don't trash the place for others. Explore without
rules and structure.

Kinda like I'd like to see the amateur bands, open for the explorers
and visionaries (so long as they're polite to the other children).

73, de Hans, K0HB