Old March 25th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

Phil Kane wrote:

As we all (should) know, towers rarely, if ever, fail in "stick fall"
mode where the fall zone radius is equal to the tower height. The
usual fall mode is a buckling collapse along the length of the tower
resulting in a fall radius of about 10-15% of the tower height.

My lot is 100' on the short side. Using that statistic, assuming I placed a
tower in the center of my lot, I should be able to get a permit to erect a
333' (50' / 0.15) tower. Somehow, I don't think I have a snowball's chance
in Hades of getting a permit for it. Oh well... it was a nice dream! hi

73,
Bryan WA7PRC