Old March 28th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

Phil Kane wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:28:07 EDT, Mike Coslo
wrote:

The most likely failure scenarios are very true, but there is a
credibility issue in these matters. We can speak of failure modes until we
are blue in the face, but a simple worst case fall radius is easy for non-
engineering types to understand.

Yeah but... The building official is SUPPOSED to be an engineering
type!

Supposed to be are the keywords I think, Phil. We always hope the
officials have their jobs through competence. I think it's also
important to get along with the neighbors, so I would want to convince
them of likely safety too. In our case, our one set of neighbors would
probably understand, but the others might be a hard sell. All very nice
folks, but the one couple has a technical background.

We live in an age where a lot of people get their physics education
from Bugs Bunny and Road Runner cartoons. It takes a lot to educate them
in how things actually work - especially when their misconceptions are
so much more entertaining! ;^)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -