Old March 28th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

"Phil Kane" wrote in message

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:43:55 EDT, wrote:

People tend to be more afraid of the unknown. Cars are
known.

If I put up a 70 foot tower (the maximum level below
which local authorities cannot regulate in Oregon) it and
I will certainly become known to my neighbors!!

70ft and they can't regulate..?! Wow, things are certainly different your
side of the water..! Here in the UK it varies depending on where in the
country you are, but where I live we need planning permission from the
local authority for anything that raises its head above roof level..!
Although there is retrospective permission for anything that has been in
place for some time (I believe 5 years but I'm not certain) without
complaints. Certainly I've never had any issues about my small VHF/UHF
colinear at around 25ft..!

73 Ivor G6URP