Old December 8th 03, 03:25 AM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

"Larry" wrote in message igy.com...
A little off subject, but did you know Robert E. Lee was originally an
engineer in the Army? One of the reasons he was so successful is that he
helped design many of the forts he later captured... partly because he knew
their structural weaknesses.

Larry N8LP

Larry, so good to see you back.
What ever happenned with your article and ARRL?
It would be a real shameif your article doesn't reach
the ham community at large.
Best regards
Art

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:38:48 -0600 (CST),
(Richard Harrison) wrote:

Wes, N7WS wrote:
"We had an engineer for President. Look how well that worked out. One
term and we replaced him with a movie actor.

Jimmy Carter in retirement, is negotiating peace accords around the
world. He is now in Geneva working with Palestineans and Israelis.

We`ve had other engineers starting with George Washington.

We`ve had Herbert Hoover, a,n engineer, who wrecked the economy, as
Ronald Reagan later did. Hoover, the engineer was replaced by FDR who
served 11 years and changed the world for the better forever. W. is
trying to undo the New Deal and in the process will likely wreck the
economy as Hoover did.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Hi All,

The statement "an engineer" is certainly inaccurate by my count too.
What about Davis, Grant, and Eisenhower?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC