Old March 31st 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Call signs for foreign amateurs operating in US

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 05:07:40 EDT, "Jack VK2CJC"
wrote:

As a UK citizen, I can use my Australian license in the UK so long as I am
visiting for less than 3 months. After that time, the privilege expires and
I have to get a UK license. Much the same as driving licenses.

Doesn't the US do the same?

There is no requirement to get a US license if one is operating under
a CEPT/CITEL/reciprocity agreement as long as the person is not a US
citizen. If s/he is a US citizen, a US license is required from day
one regardless of any dual citizenship and licensing held.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel

email: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net