Old March 31st 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
AF6AY AF6AY is offline

Default March 9 2007 License Numbers

On Mar 31, 8:57?am, "Dr.Ace" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

These are the number of current,
unexpired FCC-issued amateur
radio licenses held by individuals
on the stated dates, and the
percentage of the total number
of active licenses that class contains.

---

73 de Jim, N2EY

The Changing Operating Classes
Over the past year the Technician class has increased at an average rate of
13/day.

The Tech Plus class has decreased at an average rate of 27/day.

The Novice class has decreased at an average rate of 9/day.

The General class has increased at an average rate of 7/day.

The Advanced class has decreased at an average rate of 12/day.

The Extra class has increased at an average rate of 6/day.

Club Stations have increased at an average rate of 1/day.

73, Ace -www.WH2T.com

The above is identical to the home page data shown at
www.hamdata.com and reflects the changing class
numbers one month (plus a few days) after the ending
of US amateur radio license code testing.

In the year prior to cessation of code testing, the no-code-
test Technician class license growth had been in the
vicinity of 28 to 30 per day average...with General and
Amateur Extra class growth at half (or so) the values
shown above. The only conclusion I can draw from that
growth is the upgrading of Technicians to General or
Extra, lessening the "growth" of Technicians due to their
class change.

Curiously, there has been a growth of Club licenses
granted in the last year. I would have thought that Club
licenses were relatively static since the overall licensee
totals showed little growth or decline in numbers?

73, Len AF6AY