Old April 7th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default Icom PS125

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"xxx" wrote in message
With the "mars cap conversion" claimed by the author,
the V8000 will both transmit and receive in the range
136 - 174MHz. It's use on "business band" is then
possible, but not legal, without regard to the power
supply selected.

Is that because the radio lacks some sort of
certification or are you assuming that the original
poster lacks a business band license?

Wouldn't the radio have to be type accepted (or whatever
it's called) to be used on the business band?

Dee, N8UZE

I don't know about US legal requirements (FCC..?) but here in the UK it's
a requirement that *ALL* radio transmitting equipment is type approved,
with the sole exception of that used by radio amateurs (and, I believe,
the military, but not sure on that one).

We are exempt because we have passed the necessary examinations to show we
have the technical knowledge to modify transmitting equipment without
causing interference to other users of the radio spectrum.

73 Ivor G6URP