Old April 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Icom PS125

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:02:19 EDT, xxx wrote:

In article om,

"Type Accepted" (or "Type Acceptance") is an outdated term, replaced
in FCC regs with the term "Certificated".

While the term may have been purged from the R&R, I have seen it in
the current question pool for commercial licenses. Element 1 has a
question (#12) that reads:

Q: "What is a requirement of all marine transmitting apparatus used
aboard United States vessels?"

A: "Only equipment that has been type accepted by the FCC for Part 80
operations is authorized."

Type Acceptance is still required for Marine equipment, as is a
General Radiotelephone Operator License to repair and adjust same.

We were discussing Land Mobile equipment, where the level of equipment
certification was reduced from Type Accepted to Certificated several
years ago, as was deletion of the requirement for a commercial license
to repair or adjust same
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest