Old April 10th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Before and After Cessation of Code Testing

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 9, 8:22 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:

Changes in requirements don't have any effect
when the potential recruits have no idea that the hobby even exists.

I don't believe that there is any significant percentage of the
general population of the USA who has never heard of ham radio.

Well I certainly run into a lot of people who don't know about it. They ask
me what my antennas are for and I tell them ham radio. The next question
out of their mouths is "Ham radio, what's that?"

I don't believe the "changes in requirements" were intended to grow
ham radio.

I don't know if that was the intent or not but some people tried to convince
the rest of us that it was absolutely necessary for amateur radio to grow.

I don't even care if ham radio grows or doesn't grow. There are
millions of hams on planet Earth, more than enough to fill my logs on
any mode I choose through at least the next four sunspot cycles.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Personally I think there will be ups and downs.

Dee, N8UZE