Old April 11th 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Larry Larry is offline

Default Before and After Cessation of Code Testing

"Dee Flint" wrote in
:

Changes in requirements don't have any effect
when the potential recruits have no idea that the hobby even exists.

I bumped into this post after a couple of hours on Skype with a ham buddy
of mine in New Zealand. I was 5-9 for the whole QSO and I don't have an
antenna.

Who do we call "potential recruits" under these conditions? What's the
point, any more? (Please don't point me to that old BS about emergency
comms. I went right through the eye of Hurricane Hugo in Charleston in
1989, talking on Cellular One's AMPS bagphone to worried friends in Ohio as
I stood in the street, in the eye, looking up at the stars in a completely
destroyed neighborhood.

The system is even better, now, unless, of course, the Illuminati use
thermite to take out the building the cellular switch is located in like
9/11 in NYC.

Larry
--
..