Old April 11th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Before and After Cessation of Code Testing

Paul W. Schleck wrote:
Over the years, I have observed the following common reactions by the
lay public to ham radio publicity and recruitment:

- Oh, isn't that like CB?

I suspect that is the majority opinion among the lay public.
It's hard to explain the difference between a CB operator
and an amateur radio operator using a modified CB rig
on 10m with two inches chopped off the CB antenna. :-)
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com