Old April 26th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default ARRL Sweepstakes QST report

On Apr 25, 4:05�pm, wrote:
wrote:
They should mention this in the article, but a lot
of information has been moved to the ARRL website.
Start he

http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/

For example, the line scores for last November's CW
Sweepstakes are on this page:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/results....html?con_id2

I guess I'd much rather have it in print in my magazine collection, rathe

r than some obscure web page. I see a lot of old standby things like DXC
C Award listings have also evaporated. Maybe a bit 'vain', but it always
felt good to see my call letters in a national magazine.

It is my understanding that the move to put most of the info on the
website rather than QST has been driven by three factors:

1) Results analysis is easier on the website
2) There are more contests today
3) Complaints from noncontesters about how much QST space was being
used

73 de Jim, N2EY