Old April 28th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jack VK2CJC Jack VK2CJC is offline

Default 2m FM calling practices

I don't know about Stateside, but as an active 2m FM operator here in the
UK I've noticed an increase in a rather annoying (to me, anyway) practice
when calling CQ.

That practise has been used for many years in the UK. On 27MHz SSB.

It is an effective method on a band which is so busy that establishing a
contact long enough to QSY is difficult. But you are quite right, its a poor
practise for 2m FM.

But then, where I am the 2m FM simplex frequency is so seldom used that when
a contact is made, we don't QSY, in the hope someone else may hear us and
join in )
--
Jack VK2CJC / MM0AXL
FISTS# 9666