Old April 28th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default 2m FM calling practices

"KØHB" wrote in message
ups.com...

[snip]

As a related issue, K0CKB and I spend a lot of our free time traveling
in an RV. When we bought the coach I had a sign-maker cut me a vinyl
decal "K0HB & K0CKB 146.52". I have this decal on the rear of the
coach at eye-level to a following driver, and we religiously monitor
that channel. With over 16,000 miles on the odometer, the majority of
it on major highways, so far we've had precisely one station call us.

I and the OM were driving along a freeway on a trip through Virginia and a
vehicle passed us that had ham antennas. He stuck his arm out the window
and signaled 5 2. So we assumed he meant 146.52, switched to that frequency
and had a nice little chit chat.

Dee, N8UZE