Old April 29th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John John is offline

Default 2m FM calling practices

"Dee Flint" wrote in
:

I and the OM were driving along a freeway on a trip through Virginia
and a vehicle passed us that had ham antennas. He stuck his arm out
the window and signaled 5 2. So we assumed he meant 146.52, switched
to that frequency and had a nice little chit chat.

In central Ohio 6.52 has some activity. Typically, QSOs started there,
stay there. There are a few folks who have pre-arranged simplex freqs; but
by and large 6.52 is a calling and chat freq.